1 pack Profusion Organic Yellow Lentil Lasagne Sheets
FOR THE RAGU:
2 tbs olive oil, for frying
1 red onion, finely sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 sticks celery, finely sliced
1 medium aubergine, cubed
1 courgette, cubed
4 cups/650g vegan mince
2 tins chopped tomatoes
3 tbs tomato puree
1 heaped tbs mixed herbs
2 tbs balsamic vinegar
2 tsp Profusion Himalayan Pink Salt
2 tsp cracked black pepper
FOR THE BECHAMEL:
1/2 cup vegan butter
1/2 cup flour
4 cups soy milk/oat milk
1 onion, peeled & cut into 8
1 bay leaf
1 tsp Profusion Himalayan Pink Salt
1 tsp black pepper corns
1 cup grated vegan cheese (optional)
2 tbs nutritional yeast (optional)
1. First, to infuse the milk for the béchamel, in a medium saucepan add the soy/oat milk followed by the onion, bay, nutmeg & seasonings. Place the saucepan over a low heat & stir every now and then.
2. For the ragu, in a large saucepan placed over a medium heat, add the oil followed by the onion, garlic, celery & a pinch of salt. Sweat the mix down for around 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the courgette, aubergine & mixed herbs. Turn the heat down lower, pop a lid on & allow the mix to cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the vegan mince & stir well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Deglaze the pan with the balsamic vinegar & chopped tomatoes.
6. Stir in the tomato puree, then pop the lid on and let the mix cook over a low heat for 10-15 minutes.
7. For the béchamel, in a saucepan add the vegan butter and place the pan over a low heat.
8. When the margarine is melted, add the flour. Using a spatula mix well. Cook the mix whilst stirring for a couple of minutes to cook out the flour. It should resemble a paste like consistency.
9. Gradually whisk in the infused milk, a little at a time.
Once you’d added all the milk, the béchamel should be creamy, if you want to make it cheesy, add vegan cheese & nutritional yeast.
10. Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees C.
11. Build your lasagne in your oven proof baking dish, a layer at a time in this order: ragu, lasagne sheets, béchamel. Repeat this until you have filled your dish. Making sure the top layer is béchamel.
12. Bake the lasagne in your oven for 45 minutes. Then serve.