Fresh Kraut Salad with Beetroot, Fennel and Apple
- 2 medium-size beetroots
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed halved lengthwise and cored
- 1 medium-size Granny Smith apple halved and cored
- 100g rocket
- Large handful of parsley leaves
- Large handful of fresh mint leaves
- 25ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp orange zest plus 1 tbsp fresh juice (from 1 orange)
- 3/4 tsp Profusion Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp agave syrup
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Top with lots of Profusion Organic Sauerkraut
1. Place beetroots in a medium saucepan with cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over high; reduce heat to low, and simmer until beetroots are tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
2. Drain and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Peel beetroots, and cut into wedges.
3. While the beetroots are cooling, use a sharp knife to cut the fennel bulb and apple into very thin slices. Place in a large bowl with beetroot wedges, rocket, parsley, and mint.
4. Whisk together oil, vinegar, zest, juice, salt, agave, and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over the salad, and toss to coat.
5. Top with the sauerkraut and serve immediately!