● 300 rolled oats
● 125g flaked almonds
● 75g sunflower seeds
● 75g unsweetened shredded coconut
● 50g Profusion Organic hemp seeds
● 75g Profusion Organic Hemp peanut butter
● 2 Tbsp coconut oil
● 75g maple syrup or agave nectar
● 20 medjool dates
● 2-3 Tbsp dried fruit
● Pinch of Profusion Organic Pink Salt
● Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
● Add oats, almonds, and sunflower seeds to large baking sheet. If sunflower seeds or almonds are already roasted, don’t put them on the pan and reserve to add later.
● Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until light golden brown, stirring occasionally. In the last 5 minutes of baking, add the shredded coconut and stir. Once everything is light golden brown and toasty, remove from oven and set aside.
● In the meantime, add peanut butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup to a small saucepan. Warm over medium heat until melted, stirring to combine. Remove from heat when well-mixed and pourable – about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
● Add chopped dates, toasted oats, nuts, seeds, and dried fruit (optional) to a large mixing bowl and top with peanut butter mixture. Stir well to combine, using the spoon to mash the dates and make sure they’re evenly distributed – this will help the bars stick together.
● Transfer mixture to prepared 8×8 dish and use a spatula to spread evenly and pack down. Lay a piece of parchment paper on top and use a drinking glass (or similar shaped object) to press down firmly and pack the mixture in place. It’s important it’s packed well or they can crumble when cutting.
● Place in freezer for 30 minutes to set. Cut into 9 even squares, or 10-12 bars.