Herby Vegan Hasselback Potatoes with Pink Salt
750 g / 1.5 lb small potatoes (suitable for baking)
3-4 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove
fresh (or dry) rosemary
fresh (or dry) thyme
Profusion Himalayan pink salt
chilli flakes (optional)
1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- Set the oven to 180° C / 355° F fan (or 200° C / 390° F no fan).
- Make a few millimetre deep incisions in each potato leaving the bottom intact so that it holds the entire potato together.
- Brush the tops and bottoms of each potato with olive oil. If you don’t have a pastry brush, place 1 tbsp of olive oil in a bowl and dip the potato (cut side down) into the oil, then place on a tray – the oil will drip from the top and grease the bottom.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of your potatoes.
- While the potatoes are baking, prepare the herby oil. Crush or grate the garlic clove, chop the rosemary very finely and pick the thyme leaves. Place about 1 tsp of finely minced rosemary, 1 tsp of thyme and crushed garlic in a bowl and whisk in olive oil to emulsify.
- After 20-30 minutes, remove the potatoes from the oven and spoon the herby oil over the top. Return them to the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
- Remove from the oven once the tops are browned and the potatoes are cooked all the way through. Season with the coarse pink salt, chilli (if using), lemon zest and some more chopped herbs.