No Bake Vegan Cheesecake Jars with Salted Almond Brittle
240 g dried dates, pitted and soaked in boiling water
pinch of Profusion Organic Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
1-2 tbsp strong espresso (optional)
GINGER CHEESECAKE LAYER:
225 g raw cashews (soaked overnight)
120 ml coconut cream (from a tin of full fat coconut milk)
6 tbsp lime or lemon juice, adjust to taste
approx. 2½ tbsp finely grated ginger, adjust to taste
1 tbsp maple syrup
½ cup almond flakes
2 tbsp maple syrup
Profusion Organic Himalayan Pink Salt
2 tsp olive oil
a pinch of ground cinnamon or ginger, for serving (optional)
- Drain the dates and place them in a food processor. Process until smooth and creamy. Add a trickle of coffee or water to help the mixture to process and season with a touch of salt to taste. Set aside.
- For the cheesecake layer rinse the cashews and chop them roughly. Divide the chopped cashews into roughly six portions. Chuck one sixth of the chopped cashews into a blender with all of the coconut cream, half of the lime juice and maple syrup. Process until super smooth.
- Once smooth, add another sixth of the chopped cashews. Process until smooth and repeat until you’ve used up all of the cashews. Adjust the amount of lime juice to taste and season the mixture with freshly grated ginger.
- Heat up the oven to 175° C / 350° F and line a baking tray with a piece of baking paper.
- Put ½ cup of almond flakes in the middle of the tray and pour 2 tbsp of maple syrup and optionally 2 tsp of olive oil over the almond flakes and quickly mix the two liquids into the flakes. Season with the pink salt and spread the mixture in a single layer on the baking tray.
- Pop the mixture into the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes. The edges will brown sooner than the middle (that’s normal) so you want to remove the brittle from the oven when the edges are lightly browned but not burnt. Take out of the oven and allow it to cool and crisp up.
- Place date caramel at the bottom of each glass. Top up with the cheesecake layer and pop in the fridge for about 2-3 hours for the cheesecake layer to firm up.
- Top with shards of almond brittle and a dusting of cinnamon or ground ginger just before serving.