Vegan Greek Pasta Salad
Salad never looked so good! Fuel up and enjoy the flavours of summer with this Greek pasta salad made with our protein packed, gluten free, Chickpea Penne.
1 block extra firm tofu
1 packet Profusion Organic Chickpea Penne
1 small red onion, diced small
1 large cucumber, diced
200g cherry tomatoes , halved
100g mixed olives, halved, sliced or left whole
1/4 cup fresh basil or fresh mint, chopped
Large pinch of Profusion Pink Himalayan Salt
30g pine nuts (optional)
60ml extra virgin olive oil
30ml red wine vinegar
2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
2-3 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon Profusion Pink Himalayan Salt, more to taste
Freshly-cracked pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper (optional)
- Place pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook until al dente & according to package directions (about 9-10 minutes). Rinse under cold water to stop cooking, drain and set aside.
- In a small-medium bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients together. Adjust seasoning as desired.
- Lightly fry the tofu and cut into small chunks, then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the pasta, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, olives and basil. Pour the dressing over everything and gently toss to combine. Now add the tofu gently & toss again. Check for seasoning and adjust to taste.
- Cover bowl and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to let the flavors marinate. When ready to eat, moisten with a little more oil and top with the pine nuts. You can also add vegan parmesan, and more fresh-cracked pepper to the top. Enjoy!