Vegan Mac & ‘Cheese’
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp parsley, chopped
¼ tsp basil, chopped
2 tbsp vegan butter
½ medium white onion, diced
1 tsp garlic, minced
½ tsp smoked paprika
150g nutritional yeast
1 tbsp flour
230ml unsweetened nut milk
400g Profusion Organic Red Lentil Pasta
¼ tsp Profusion Organic Himalayan Pink salt
- Start by making the garlic herb breadcrumbs if using. Place butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Once melted, add the breadcrumbs and herbs. Toss with a spatula to evenly coat the mixture in the melted butter. Cook until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook for 5/6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place butter in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Once melted, add the onion and cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the flour, garlic and smoked paprika and stir until combined.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking as you pour.
- Cook for another 3-5 mins, whisking frequently until thickened.
- Drain the pasta and rinse under warm water. Return the pasta to the pot and set aside off the heat.
- Add the nutritional yeast, salt and pepper to the milk mixture and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Pour the nutritional yeast sauce over the pasta and stir gently to coat.
- Top with the garlic herb breadcrumbs and serve!