Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Spaghetti
10 ingredients, 10 mins to prep - this roasted red pepper spaghetti pasta is packed full of flavour! Made with our gluten free Red Lentil Spaghetti, it's colour blocking goals!
2 red bell peppers
2-3 Tbsp olive oil
2 medium shallots (finely chopped)
4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
1 1/2 cups plant based milk
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
Large pinch of Profusion Pink Himalayan Salt
1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder (or other thickener of choice)
1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
1 packet Profusion Organic Red Lentil Spaghetti
To serve: vegan parmesan cheese, finely chopped fresh basil or parsley.
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F (260 C) and roast red peppers on a baking sheet until charred – about 25-30 minutes. Cover for 10 minutes to steam, then remove (peel away) charred skin, seeds and stems. Set aside.
- While the red peppers are roasting, bring a large frying pan over a medium heat and sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until golden brown and soft – about 4-5 minutes. Season with a generous pinch of pink salt and pepper and stir. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain, toss in a touch of olive oil, cover with a towel and set aside.
- Transfer sautéed shallot and garlic to blender with roasted peppers, almond milk, red pepper flakes, nutritional yeast and cornstarch. Season with desired amount of salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Blend until creamy and smooth, taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt and pepper or nutritional yeast for flavor. Once blended, place sauce back in the frying pan over a medium heat to thicken. Once it reaches a simmer, reduce heat to low and continue simmering.
- Once sauce is thickened to desired consistency, add spaghetti. However, before tossing add a touch more olive oil, salt and pepper to the un-tossed spaghetti for added flavor. Then, toss to coat.
- Serve with vegan parmesan, red pepper flakes, and fresh chopped parsley or basil.